The Salad Bar Clerk works as part of a team to provide quality products while ensuring that each customer receives \"Extra Step\" customer service.
* Must be at least 16 years of age
Must be able to:
* Provide friendly \"Extra Step\" service to our customers
* Read and locate basic information from food specifications books, follow recipes, charts, invoices, and temperature gauges
* Use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversions, and percentages
* Understand use of weights and measures
* Listen and communicate from verbal to written instructions
* Use basic computer skills
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
* Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards
* Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
* Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
* Associates in food handling departments are required to receive a Hepatitis A vaccination
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide \"Extra Step\" customer service to every customer
* Promote products and utilize suggestive selling techniques to satisfy the customers' needs
* Safely and efficiently use equipment such as knives, microwave oven, lettuce chopper, etc..
* Stock soup, hot food bars, supplies, and dry goods
* Order, display, arrange, care for, sell, and inventory items sold in the salad bar and hot food section
* Maintains sanitary conditions of salad bar and backroom area
* Take orders from customers in person and over the phone for special products using the Dierbergs Party Guide
* Help customers with selections when requested
* Place and ice cylinders on the bar
* Wash utensils, pots, and pans using detergent in a deep sink
* Work in a 45 to 55 degree preparation area
* Work actions include standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and squatting
* Access 36 degree cooler
* Lift up to 40 lbs.
* Push and pull stock carts with loads weighing up to 250 lbs.
* Empty 30 to 40 gallon trash bags
* Follow safe food handling guidelines whenever preparing food, according to S.A.F.E. program standards
* Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
* You may be cross-trained in produce or other departments
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
Key words: food service, fast food, restaurant, food prep, cook, customer service, deli, seafood, retail
Associated topics: appetizer, cocinera, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero de la preparacion, commercial, commercial kitchen, cutter, food preparation, lunch, steakhouse