Staff Systems Engineer
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Full Time Staff Systems Engineer responsible for managing a team of engineers and directing technical activities for the design, manufacture, and logistics support of systems that improve the survivability and force protection of ground combat vehicles. This candidate would be responsible for leading an engineering team to execute an interdisciplinary systems engineering process. This process would ensure that the corresponding customer and stakeholders' requirements and expectations are satisfied in a high quality, trustworthy, cost efficient, and schedule compliant manner throughout a system's entire life cycle. In addition, the candidate would be able to demonstrate consistently good judgment, interpersonal skills, and technical expertise and to communicate effectively with engineering and management stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Become knowledgeable of and fully understand the requirements, specifications, and customer's expectations of the vehicle force protection system.
* Direct the technical activities of a team of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to develop and deliver a vehicle force-protection system that fully meets the system requirements and customer's expectations.
* Lead the development of a prototype vehicle force-protection system to retire key development risks.
* May use computer-aided design or other engineering/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
* Mentor and coach other engineers.
* Perform critical trade studies.
* Ability to lead major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer confidence.
* Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
* Responsible for architectural design, requirements engineering, SE documentation, risk management, verification and validation, and completion of activities on time and budget.
* Support acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
* Study alternative concepts and use of simulations to predict system performance.
* Enforce the systems engineering process and integrate into program plans.
* Lead a team of engineers to complete technical activities on time and budget.
* Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
* Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
* Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements.
* Participate in the preparation of highly technical proposals.
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
* Strong engineering team leadership experience in complex development and/or manufacturing programs.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
* Active Secret clearance.
* Design, manufacture, and logistics support of systems that improve the survivability and force protection of ground combat vehicles.
* System level knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software designs and systems.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Visio.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician