We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Insurance Representative II is responsible for collection and resolution of outstanding insurance receivables including but not limited to unpaid, denied and underpaid claims. Insurance service representatives must communicate effectively, while accurately and efficiently handling high claim volume. Insurance Representative II displays quality and productive work habits, possesses intermediate knowledge in department operations and serves as a resource for both management and level I co-workers. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy Service Standards. Productivity
- Maintains daily work assigned to assure low A/R days.
- Exceeds productivity standards on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Maintains a current status of work queue and follows up in a timely manner.
- Completes assignments ahead of prescribed time periods and with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Seeks additional assignments as daily responsibilities are completed .
- Exceeds quality standards per department requirements.
- Intermediate troubleshooting skills of underpaid and denied claims.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers/third party payers to successfully resolve insurance receivables.
- Accurately and efficiently processes the account including transaction recording, claim corrections and other functions
- Serves as resource for level I operational support .
- Works effectively with other staff members to accomplish work and departmental projects.
- Interacts by telephone with other departments, physician offices and third party payers.
- Demonstrates positive and professional communications skills.
- Educates level I co-workers on basic system functionality and departmental operations.
- Intermediate knowledge patient accounting computer system.
- Intermediate technical knowledge and skills of all computer applications, including but not limited to EPIC, SSI, Microsoft Office, and third party insurance applications.
- Maintains current EPIC/Systoc proficiency level for applicable role.( EUPA = End User Proficiency Assessment).
- Stays abreast of contract, regulatory, procedural and other changes affecting the department
- Intermediate knowledge of UB04/CMS1505 claim forms and corresponding date elements
- Intermediate knowledge of third party requirements/regulations which allows effective job performance.
- Intermediate knowledge of hospital and physician reimbursement methodologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of HIPPA laws.
- Intermediate Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
Performs duties consistent with the mission, values and Mercy Service Standards. Micellaneous
Qualifications: Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications: Minimum Required Qualifications Education:
- Completes projects as assigned by team leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HS Degree or Equivalent Experience:
1 year revenue cycle or meets position specific duties and responsibilities
EPIC Resolute Hospital Billing or Ambulatory experience Other Skills and Knowledge:
Basic communication and customer service skills
Basic Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
Basic Computer and keyboarding skills Preferred Qualifications Education:
HS Degree or Equivalent Experience:
Prior Revenue Cycle
Healthcare billing or insurance Other Skills and Knowledge:
Intermediate Computer and keyboarding skills
Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
Intermediate communication and customer service skills We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Associated topics: account representative, accounts receivable, auction, collector, commercial, commission, due, finance, revenue, treasurer