We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Mercy , named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2018, 2017 and 2016 by IBM Watson Health, serves
Mercy includes more than 40 acute care and specialty (heart, children's, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, 800 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 44,000 co-workers and 2,100 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
This position reports to the Vice President-Transactions Counsel for Mercy and works with the transactions team to support transactions at Mercy-acquisitions of physicians groups, sales and acquisitions of various business lines, sales and acquisitions of real estate; and financing transactions including tax exempt bond transactions. This position would manage the due diligence process for transactions, review and summary of contracts, working with both internal and external counsel with follow up items needed to complete agreements and prepare for closing transactions. This position needs to be able to work with limited supervision. Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We'll Support You at Work and Home
- Education: Paralegal Certification or Bachelors Degree in related field.
- Experience: Five years paralegal experience in corporate law office or law firm, health law experience a plus.
- Certification/Registration: Paralegal certification or Bachelors degree in related field.
- Other skills & knowledge:
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy with advanced skills in Excel, Word, Westlaw
- and Lexis.
- Superior goal accomplishment skills and project management
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and administrative skills.
- Ability to preserve confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organization skills,
- ability to manage conflict in a variety of situations.
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and
- personalities with a high degree of diplomacy, credibility and
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and
- to manage multiple protect within established time frames.
- Ability to travel as required.
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit eligible coworkers. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.