We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Talent Scout acts as a brand ambassador for Mercy and partners with the talent selection leaders, nursing recruiters and hiring managers in a consultative capacity. They are focused on recruiting & hiring experienced RN's/ top talent for their hiring managers while providing proactive and timely communication on the status of their searches. The Talent Scout is expected to stay abreast of industry and market specific information or trends that could impact our talent selection efforts. Our Talent Scout will look to establish partnerships and long-lasting relationships with their candidates. The Talent Scout is driven to learn and does not fear challenges. They demonstrate innovation and outside of the box thinking with their search techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities:
An exceptional Talent Scout is candidate-centric, with strong understanding of the industry. Additionally, the Talent Scout will provide the following:
- Superior customer service, communications skills and attention to detail in all interactions with candidates and colleagues.
- Has the ability to work in dynamic and constantly changing work environment
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to utilize appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with internal/ external customers, business partners, and colleagues.
- Solid track record of setting high standards of performance; assuming responsibility and accountability for success.
- Healthcare recruitment experience strongly preferred.
- Can create and maintain an appropriate social media presence.
- Employs technologies in the recruiting process that create efficiencies.
- Adheres to documentation and processes for compliance.
- Has the ability to assess candidates using a variety of methods and tools.
- Demonstrates a consultative approach with candidates, nursing recruiters and hiring leaders.
- Deep web sourcing techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to influence and persuade.
- Ability to meet/exceed a pre-established quota.
Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Builds and deploys effective recruitment marketing campaigns specific to our job needs and openings.
- Sources candidates via resume databases and networking sites using sophisticated Boolean search language.
- Sources candidates via social media channels and deep web sourcing techniques.
- Generates targeted lists of passive candidates using member subscriptions and technologies.
- Solicits and pursues referrals from business networks and/or internal referrals.
- Uses a sophisticated mix of media to connect with talent community (phone, email, campaigning, network introductions and social media).
- Provides value propositions uniquely tailored to each candidate situation and interest level in the job.
- Prepares candidates for interviews; providing logistical information, interview schedule, and additional counsel as needed.
- Ensures all candidates are provided with timely updates concerning the status of their applications and interviews.
- Throughout the process, keeps a strong pulse on the interest levels and/or concerns of top candidates.
- Conducts professional and thoughtful phone interviews that are infused with industry/role specific probing questions as the conversation/interview dictates.
- Navigate difficult conversations in order to gather appropriate information.
- Compare skill knowledge/experience and talent assessments with job specifications to determine if the candidate is a match for the role.
- Applies consideration for factors relative to cultural compatibility/Mercy Fit.
- Reviews background and reference information (if process dictates).
Influencing the Hire:
Qualifications: Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Keeps candidates engaged throughout process.
- Continuously builds talent pipeline to ensure there are multiple candidates in play at all times.
- Keeps talent selection leaders and hiring manager up to date on any market changes that would impact the hiring process or talent community.
- Articulates a job offer for candidate acceptance.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
- Bachelor's Degree in business, nursing, human resources or related field required. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Proven successful track record of sales and/or high volume sourcing
- Previous sales or recruitment experience
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.